Bergadian

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

IS IT ME or am I just being paranoic

On second thoughts, paranoia isn't really my thing. The fact that the bin men always chuck my wheelie bin wherever they feel like it - sometimes half way down my ramp/path, and sometimes on its' side down the steep slope of my front yard, shouldn't really be that surprising. They do it to everyone. Maybe not to such a degree, as my house IS set quite low down from the pavement, and my ramp is the only one around, but those bin men just can't be bothered to think. What on earth do they think a ramp is for? If the bin isn't half way down the ramp, it blocks the top of it.

They know what the ramp is for - I've told them time after time. They know that I am disabled and that the ramp is for my wheelchair and/or my electric vehicles. The little one, Tonto, and the big one, Bronco. I supposeI should count myself lucky in that the bin men do turn up twice a week, as they should do, even though at times they turn up at 3am and wake me up, instead of their usual time of about 9am.

I'm just a bit p'd off because my wheelie bin is MY wheelie bin. Until a few months ago I used to share a bin with my neighbour, bins only being supplied by the local authority to one "plot" however many houses are actually on that bit of land. My neighbour and I both live at #7, even though we live in separate houses. Being a bit fed up of our shared bin not being convenient for me, I bought my own bin from the local authority. So it is MY bin, and it SHOULD be where I want it.

Oh well, at least it isn't always too full of other peoples' garbage for me to put mine in. But why, oh why, can't the bin men respect it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home