Bergadian

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

TWO STEPS FORWARD, ONE STEP BACK,

Just when it seems that I have finally sorted out various problems, something else turns up. One thing goes wrong. Get it fixed. And then something else decides to hit me. However, being a stubborn person I refuse to give in. If it doesn't work the first time, I try to do it again. And again. And yet again. It really does at times seem as if for every step forward I end up on the floor!

It's been a funny old day. Small Dog managed to get herself tangled up having squeezed into a corner that she couldn't get out of, and ended up with me having to drag her out backwards by her tail. Luckily she has a very good nature, and apart from a couple of yelps, she forgave me and jumped on my lap for a cuddle. Mind you, by the time she was untangled, I wasn't just on the floor, but was flat on my back. As we were both on the patio outside at the time, when she jumped on my lap it was extremely difficult for us both to get up! Luckily no-one was walking past at the time.

Most of the time it takes a lot to annoy or frustrate me, but when something does - I do tend to blow my top. Not often, and only for a few minutes, but I just can't stand stupidity, inefficiancy, and sheer disregard for peoples' feelings and/or destruction of peoples property. Just as I dislike the fact that too many people don't seem to know the words "please" and "thank you". Maybe that's because that was the way that I grew up and the way I taught my children.

One thing that is really a nuisance is the fact that one of the local Banks (not my Bank) just doesn't seem to realize that my fax line, which is on a separate phone line and not the line used for regular phone calls, isn't the fax number for some of their customers. I have phoned them numerous times but still get faxes from them that aren't for me. Each time I tell them they seem to listen, but at least once a week they send faxes to my fax line that isn't for me. I don't blow my top, but after the latest one I informed them that in future I had no intention of telling them that they had made a mistake yet again. Their response? It won't happen again. Oh yeah? I'll believe it when I see (or rather don't) it. But I can't help feeling sorry for the people who are supposed to get the faxes and are no doubt STILL waiting for them, while their Bank keep re-sending the faxes to me. I used to send the faxes back to the Bank, saying "this is not for me", but I just tear them up now. The faxes, I mean.

My regular phone line is unregistered. My fax line is, for the simple reason that I don't see why I should pay for it to be unregistered. Now I keep the ringer on my fax machine permanently off. Not because of the Bank, but someone kept calling me on that number every morning at a time when I am still in bed. It rang twice before the fax machine took over, but still disturbed me. The phone company promised to do a trace on that line and stop the nuisance calls. Maybe they have. Maybe they haven't but at least with the ringer off I'm not disturbed any more.

Still, wouldn't life be boring if there was nothing to complain about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home