Bergadian

Monday, December 04, 2006

And the sun is shining

I'm sitting here with the door wide open. The sun is streaming in - HRH is sitting outside watching with interest the Mourning tents being dismantled next door, all the chairs sorted as to which belonged to whom and which to the Moshav.

There are four overflowing wheelie bins outside my house (well they needed the pavement next door for the extra chairs and benches). Cartons/plastic bottles/you name it, galore, waiting for the Local Authority to come and do a special pick up. And then I will have to rescue my own wheelie bin from the others!

And the sun is shining.

Today is the final official day of mourning for my beloved David, and as the sun shines on me now, so can I feel him smiling at me and see his beautiful face.

And the sun is shining.

Time for tears have gone. We had a week first mourning and then rejoicing in the life of the most wonderful man. A Tzaddik (a wise man). A Rabbi. A teacher. And pupils of his from the year dot came from all over Israel to say goodbye to him and pay their respects.

And the sun is shining and we can begin to smile again.

L'hitraot my friend. My brother-in-heart.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home