Bergadian

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Little White Plastic Thingy

I have three proper toolboxes. A large one for large things. A medium on for things too small to go in the big one but seem to need a box of their own. And a small one for - guess what - small things. I also have a special box with compartments for all sizes of nails, screws, hooks, etc. Why? Well, who knows when I might need a nail for this, a tack for that, a srew here, one there - etc.

But I have a habit of finding little things around the house, so put them all in a container until I either find out what they are for, or give up and chuck them out. At which point I then discover what there were for and I should have kept them. Typical.

Some months ago I found a small, white, plastic thingy. Hadn't a clue what it was from or what it was, or why it was on my kitchen floot. Forward wind a couple of months and I realised that it actually belonged to one of the plastic bulldog-type magnet clips on my fridge door. Went to fish it out of the odds and sods container - and it wasn't there. Except I KNOW I put it there.

Forward wind until yesterday, when I put a foot on my bedroom floor carpet during the long process of getting out of bed and into my wheelchair. Ouch, that hurt. No guesses as to what it was. The little white plastic thingy. Only one question. How did it get from a fairly deep container in one room, onto my bedroom rug?

Only one answer. Those diabolical mice had been it again.

Again? I also found the button that had fallen off my housecoat, and couldn't find anywhere. Where did I find it? Well, Small Dog did her usual "I see a mouse and I'm going to chase it" and as the mouse disappeared behind the rubbish bin in the kitchen lo and behold IT DROPPED THE BUTTON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home