Bergadian

Sunday, April 24, 2005

How to ignore things and keep sane at the same time.

Well, any suggestions people? It started with Google, who decided to change their format, and stated that I had to log-in to search anything. And then informed me that my e-mail address did NOT exist. Tried to put in a new application. Same response. So I gave in, and sent e-mails to all the addys of all the whatevers on Google. From my e-mail addy, which they kept telling me didn't exist.

Guess what, they e-mailed me back, AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS THEY SAID DIDN'T EXIST.

Duh?

Took them a couple of hours to see sense, and finally all was OK. And, best of all, they have reverted to their previous format, or whatever it is called. But it not only took me hours to get that sorted out, but also meant that the Group I have been a member of for the last few weeks, thought I was no longer a member "because Google told them I didn't exist".

Eventually got that sorted out, without too much trouble. The one good thing that came out of it was that I'm now able to IM with people in the Group,if wanted and agreed, as well as our usual postings on the site. Trouble is that I ended up yesterday evening IM chatting to the Moderator of our Group who, living 8 hours before time here, doesn't get on line until evening. Yet another evening missing my regular stupid TV programmes.

Then, this morning, had a bit of a yell at the Company who deliver the large bottles of mineral water for my water machine. It rarely happens, but today was one of those times. The delivery guy didn't turn up at the agreed time. Waited an hour. Then another hour. And then phoned. Usual response - sorry, he's on Miluim and the the replacement driver is running a bit late............

How come, on the maybe once a year I have to call the water Company with problems, I always get the same response? It isn't the same driver - they tend to change days, times, and drivers every so ofter, but whatever day, whatever time, whichever driver, if something goes wrong, it is ALWAYS "sorry, he's on Miluim".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home